By: MPDC Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
The Ecological Sustainability and Management of Alegria Program (ESMA Program) of LGU Alegria, Surigao del Norte through Hon. Mayor Dominador G. Esma, Jr. received last January 14, 2010 one (1) unit of shredding machine with complete accessories and two (2) sets of compost tea brewer amounted to Php375, 000.00 from Department of Agriculture-Regional Field Unit 13 under the Community Based Composting Facility Project of the said national agency.
The equipments provided by DA-RFU 13 are expected to augment the implementation of the Solid Waste Management and Organic Farming program of the municipality in the following manner, as follows:
- Reduction of farm and urban wastes which significantly reduce 1/3 of each original volume.
- Reduce garbage handling and saves trucking cost as much as 50%.
- Speeds up decomposition of garbage for faster production of organic fertilizer.
- Best for environment friendly farming.
- Greater and safer alternative to pollution causing landfills, and
- Provides safe, natural and totally organic environment to plants and soil.
The shredding machine and other equipments are in the custody of the designated MENRO, Engr. Raul C. Micompal being the focal person of the ESMA program. In the same manner, utilization of these equipments is subject to the rules and regulations of the program.
Mayor Esma was very thankful to the support extended by the Department of Agriculture to LGU Alegria in its zero waste management program and production of organic fertilizer for farmers use at low cost price compared to commercial fertilizer.
↑ Top ↑ ________________________________________________
—-[ HOME ]——[ About Alegria ]——[ Barangays ]——[ Directory ]—–
—–[ Events ]——[ Projects/Programs ]——[ Tourism ]——[ Investment ]–