Home » Budlingin
Category Archives: Budlingin
The Local Government Unit of Alegria, Surigao del Norte through Hon. Mayor Dominador G. Esma, Jr. released the DAR-IFAD NMCIREMP Natural Resource Management (NRM) Funds to Community Institutions of Brgy. Alipao and Budlingin, respectively, in the presence of the Board of Directors of the said association.
Last February 4, 2010, Mayor Esma with SB Member Reynaldo B. Ranay and MPDC Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr., the project manager of DAR-IFAD NMCIREMP Project Management Office, this municipality, handed over the check amounted to P 50,000.00 and the LGU counterpart of P 9,375.00 to ALMUCO Chairperson, Mrs. Agustina T. Seroy in the presence of ALMUCO Board of Directors. This fund will be used for the Establishment of Hog Fattening project using the Nature Farming Technology System (NFTS). There will be 10 piglets to be raised supported with feeds and biologics as package during the project cycle using the NFTS technology. As learning site, it will be open to interested persons who wanted to know the technology. This will be sustained by Alipao Multi-purpose Cooperative (ALMUCO) and it will form part as additional income to the said organization.
While on the other hand, on February 8, 2010 Mayor Esma handed over the check amounted to P23,650 to BRWA Chairman, Kagawad Adriano V. Cabil witnessed by BRWA Board of Directors. This fund will be utilized for Establishing a one hectare learning site using the Sloping Agriculture Land Technology (SALT), a diversified planting of crops to sustain income at the same time prevent erosion of hillsides/slopes in the area at Budlingin. It is expected by the proponent, the Budlingin Rural Workers Association (BRWA) that this will be emulated by the farmers as the technology was very successful in slope areas in some parts of the country.
By: MPDC Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
Under the Poverty Alleviation Fund of DAR-IFAD NMCIREMP Project of LGU Alegria, Surigao del Norte, the Budlingin Rural Workers Association, a community institution , was recipient of the Business Enterprise Fund in the form of check amounting to P240,000.00 given last December 9, 2009 by Mayor Dominador G. Esma, Jr. and received by CI Chairman, Kagawad Adriano V. Cabil in the presence of NMCIREMP-PFO personnel from Butuan City, BRWA Board of Directors, Municipal Project Office of Alegria headed by Municipal Project Manager Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
This fund is a grant to BRWA to finance their business, the Agrivet Supply that will sell agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, pesticides and veterinary products to complement their existing livelihood projects which is the vegetable and livestock production. This amount was taken under the Poverty Alleviation Fund 2 (PAF 2) of the Department of Agrarian Reform and International Fund for Agricultural Development.
During this occasion, the BRWA Board of Directors expressed their gratitude towards DAR-IFAD and to Mayor Esma of the opportunity they got from the project and they promised to protect the fund in accordance to its plans and objectives.
↑ Top ↑ ________________________________________________
By: Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
Barangay Budlingin today is now one of the progressive barangays in Alegria, Surigao del Norte. Beside of having a nice and beautiful Lumondo Waterfalls and Puting Bato cave, this place have several projects being undertaken funded by foreign and local funding agencies.
The able leadership and through the great efforts of the incumbent barangay officials headed by Hon. Barangay Captain Alexander A. Paas made these projects possible. Among the projects implemented are the following:
- Two Classroom school building funded by Kalahi-Kalayaan through the Engineering Battalion of Philippine Army in the amount of P 1.8 million Project status- completed November, 2009
- On-going construction of Budlingin to Puting Bato Farm to Market Road funded by Kalahi-Kalayaan through the Engineering Battalion of Philippine Army in the amount of 2.7 million pesos
- On-going construction of Barangay Health Center and Botika sa Barangay funded by the Spanish Government/ Agencia Espanola Cooperacion International de Desarullo thru Reach Foundation in the amount of P750,000.00 with counterpart from the Local Government Unit of Alegria in the amount of P 100,000.00.
- On-going construction of Budlingin Trading Center funded by GEM-USAID in the amount of 1.2 million pesos with equity counterpart of Congressman Romarate in the amount of P 470,000.00
- Constructed Stock shade with one unit abaca stripping machine complete of accessories with financial assistance from Philippines-Australia Community Assistance Program of Australian Agency for International Development and implemented by Propegemus Foundation, Inc. in coordination with Lake Mainit Development Alliance and LGU Alegria, Surigao del Norte.
Project status: operational
- Established Budlingin Agrivet Supply with financial assistance from International Fund for Agricultural Development implemented by Budlingin Rural Workers Association with equity counterpart of LGU Alegria, Surigao del Norte.
Project status: operational
These are among the projects now simultaneously been undertaken in the said barangay and being a newly identified special ARC barangay, more developments are coming in from different line agencies of the national government.
↑ Top ↑ ___________________________________________________