By: Edipolo A. Mosquito
The Local Government Unit of Alegria, Province of Surigao del Norte has been chosen recently by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to receive one (1) brand new unit of fire fighting truck thru the facilitation of Mayor Dominador G. Esma, Jr. along with Dr. Uldarico S. Uriarte, Jr. at the central fire station of the Bureau of Fire Protection, Manila.
Mayor Esma has been requesting to the Bureau of Fire Protection and to DILG since the municipality had a fire station building constructed since 1997 but without equipment and personnel to complement with it.
On February 8, 2010, upon orders of the Bureau of Fire Protection through the Regional Director Senior Superintendent Warlito P. Daus officially turned over the fire truck with fire fighting personnel assigned to Alegria Fire Station to Vice-Mayor Ernesto C. Odjinar, Sr. representing Mayor Esma in a simple ceremony held at the municipal grounds during the flag raising of the municipal officials and employees.
The Alegria Fire Station is located within the government center of Alegria and is manned by the following trained fire fighters, as follows:
- SFO2 Julieto A. Malbuezo – Acting, Municipal Fire Marshal
- SFO2 Rodrigo L. Villacorta – Station Logistics/Supply/Chief Investigator
- SFO2 Hernando I. Erno – Fire Truck Driver/PIO
- SF01 Leizel C. Lisondra – Chief Operation/Finance/Fire Safety Inspection
- F03 Orlando M. Corias – Fire Safety Inspector/ Investigator/ Nozzle man
- FO1 Severo O. Comandante- Fire Safety Inspector/ Nozzle man
- F01 Yoel S. Morta – Station Administration/ Hose man
Top ↑ ________________________________________________