By: MPDC Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
For the first time in the history of LGU Alegria Christmas party celebration among municipal officials and employees, the December 21, 2009 Christmas party was full of excitement and joy where every office had shown presentations in various ways to fill the spirit of Christmas and camaraderie. Despite of different political affiliations of local elected officials headed by Mayor Dominador G. Esma, Jr., they were in unison to provide extra funds for additional Christmas bonuses ever to happen for the past 41 years. These added the strong interest of active participation in joining the party because they did not expect of receiving extra bonus except always of receiving regular benefits every year ends.
During the occasion, the following activities were shown:
- Talents presentation of local and national offices
- Changing gifts
- Awarding of prizes to winners of talent presentations
- Awarding of plaque of recognition with cash incentive to performing local offices
A. Winners of the talent presentation were the following:
- Best performer went to MEEDO Office headed by Mr. Joselito Y. Madelo with cash prize of P1,000.00
- Second prize was awarded to Municipal Health Office headed by Dr. Michelle Gloria S. Mola with cash prize of P750.00
- Third prize went to merge presentation of MBO, Assessor’s Office and Accounting Office with cash prize of P500.00
Non winning presentations were given consolation prize of P200.00 each to: DA/MPDC presentation, Police/COMELEC/Popcom/DAR presentation, MSWDO presentation, SB presentation and Mayor’s Office presentation.
B. Awarding of plaque of recognition with cash incentive of P5,000.00 to best performing local offices 2009 search as judged by the Civil Service Commission, Surigao del Norte Field Office of which only 2 out of 13 local offices received the Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence (PRAISE) Award:
- 2009 PRAISE Award went to Municipal Planning and Development Office headed by Mr. Edipolo A. Mosquito, Jr.
- PRAISE Award for 2009 went to Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office headed by Mrs. Arlyn Pasia-Gabeligno.
In his Christmas message, Mayor Esma challenged every local office to do and perform well in the next years to come. He meant performance oriented employees and not just be contented of what we are now because according to him, LGU Alegria 5 years from now is aspiring to become one of the progressive town in the Province of Surigao del Norte, of course, with divine help and guidance. As the local government unit of Alegria progresses, it means increase of privileges and benefits to local officials and employees, he added.
The lively Christmas party was held at the fully air-conditioned Municipal Development Training Center that can accommodate as much as 300 persons with audio-visual facilities and a live band owned and operated by MEEDO Office of the Local Government Unit of Alegria, Surigao del Norte.
↑ Top ↑ ________________________________________________